The Halloween fun starts tonight, ghouls and guys! Here’s a partial list of some of the goings-on close to us here at Pebble Creek at Lake Mary.
FRIDAY – TONIGHT!
- Haunted Sanford Historical Ghost Walk A spooktacular, family-friendly tour of downtown Sanford and its ghostly history. Registration or RSVP required. Friday, 8:30-9:30 pm: Sanford Homebrew Shop, 115 S. Magnolia Ave., Sanford; $15; 407-732-6931; sanfordhomebrewshop.com.
- Night of Fright: Scary Ghost Stories Join master storyteller “Country Joe” Rosier for an evening of spooky ghost stories. All ages performance at 7 pm and performance for ages 14 and up at 9 pm. Friday, 7-8 pm & 9-10 pm: Seminole State College Planetarium, 100 Weldon Blvd., Sanford; $6; 407-708-2360; seminolestate.edu.
- Wizards & Witches Ball: Halloween-themed gala with a costume contest. 7 p.m. Friday, Seminole Harley-Davidson, 620 Hickman Circle, Sanford, $25, orlandowcr.com.
- ZOO Boo Bash: The Halloween event will include an animal-themed, non-animal themed and a group costume contest at 1 p.m., trick-or-treating, face painting and a hay ride. 9 a.m. Saturday, 9 a.m. Sunday, Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens, 3755 N.W. U.S. Highway 17-92, Sanford, $14.95 adults, $12.95 seniors 60 and older, $10.95 ages 3-12, free ages 2 and under, 407-323-4450,centralfloridazoo.org.
- Trick or Treat Safe Zone: Family-friendly Halloween event featuring a special Halloween show on the Library’s main stage at 1pm. Saturday, 10:30 am-3 pm: Orlando Public Library, 101 E. Central Blvd.; free; 407-835-7323; ocls.info.
- Halloween Scaraoke Party: Halloween karaoke party with a contest for best karaoke in costume. Saturday, 9 pm-2 am: Little Fish Huge Pond, 401 S. Sanford Ave., Sanford; free; 407-221-1499.
- Mr. Richard & the Pound Hounds Halloween Concert: scary song sing-along. 1 p.m. Saturday, Orlando Repertory Theatre, 1001 E. Princeton St., Orlando, $5.
- Spooky Skate: Ice skating, trick-or-treating, a costume contest, candy and fun for the whole family. Saturday, 2-4:45 pm: RDV Sportsplex, 8701 Maitland Summit Blvd.; $11.25; 407-916-2550; RDVSportsplex.com.
- Haunted Hike: A Halloween-themed hike. 5 p.m. Saturday, Gateway Park, 860 N. U.S. Highway 17-92, DeBary, $5, 386-668-5553,gatewaycenterforthearts.org.
- Ghost Walk: local storytellers lead walkers on a trail of haunted history. 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Lake Mary Historical Museum, 158 N. Country Club Road, Lake Mary, $6
- Halloween Costume contest: prizes for best costume, scariest costume, best pet costume and a surprise category. Ellen’s Wine Room, 44o S. Sanford Ave., Sanford, 9 p.m., free. ellenswineroom.com
- Wop’s Hops Brewing Halloween Party: Music with DJ Leelani and DJ Sisco, costume contest, giveaways and more. Saturday, 7 pm-2 am: Wop’s Hops, 419 S. Sanford Ave., Sanford; free; 407-878-7819.
- Wekiva Island Halloween Party: come dressed in the funniest or scariest costume for a chance to win up to $1,000 in cash and gift cards, plus a Chill Chamber filled with beer. There will be food and music. Costumes strongly encouraged, but not required to attend. 7-10 p.m., Wekiva Island, wekivaisland.com
- Trick-or-Treat Safe Zone: candy for kids in costumes. 1 p.m. Sunday, Orange County Regional History Center, 65 E. Central Blvd., Orlando, free, 407-836-7010, thehistorycenter.org.
- Haunted America: Tour the most haunted locations of Central Florida and beyond with TnT’s Paranormal Investigators. Sunday, 3:30-4:30 pm: Maitland Public Library, 501 S. Maitland Ave., Maitland; free; 407-647-7700; maitlandpubliclibrary.org.
MONDAY – HALLOWEEN!
- Trick-or-Treat: kids in costumes can pick up treats throughout the mall. 6 p.m. Oct. 31, Seminole Towne Center Mall, 200 Towne Center Circle, Sanford, free.
- Halloween at Cranes Roost Park Family Halloween event with trick-or-treating, costume contests, kids activities, live performances and more. Monday, 5-9 pm: Cranes Roost Park, 274 Cranes Roost Blvd., Altamonte Springs; free; 407-571-8863; altamonte.org.
SATURDAY, NOV. 5
- Geneva Cemetery tour: The Geneva Historical Society will lead its fifth lantern-guided tour through the Geneva Cemetery. Meet past residents of Geneva and hear their stories told by costumed speakers. . Bring a flashlight. 6:30 p.m., Geneva Cemetery, 240 1st St., Geneva, free, but a small donation to GHS is appreciated, 407-349-5697.